My health for life
This is a free lifestyle program available to eligible participants who want to improve their health and reduce their risk of developing chronic disease. Find out more at my health for life or call 13 RISK (13 7475).
Conditions such as type 2 diabetes, heart disease and stroke, are often linked to lifestyle factors. The My health for life program helps people reduce their risk of developing these types of conditions by showing how small lifestyle changes can have major health benefits.
- The program is free
- It is delivered by qualified health professionals
- It involves six sessions over six months – the time commitment required is not big
- The first session is a personalised one-on-one appointment
- The remaining sessions are flexible, offering the choice of phone coaching or small groups.
What to expect
My health for life believes healthy change is best in small, manageable steps. Participants learn how to set realistic health goals and are supported on their journey to achieve healthy change. The program is not only for people wanting to lose weight – everyone has their own reasons for improving their health.
• People aged 45 years and over who have been identified by a health professional as being at high risk of chronic disease (which includes type 2 diabetes, heart disease and stroke).
• People aged 18 years and over who are of Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander descent who are at high risk of chronic disease.
• Age 18 years and over with pre-existing conditions (e.g. previous history of Gestational diabetes or have been diagnosed with high blood pressure or high cholesterol).